The Abortion Pill: Your At-Home Option with 24/7 On-Call Support
The Abortion Pill appeals to many women because, like the SofTouch® method, it induces a natural miscarriage without surgery. If you’re between 5 and 9 weeks of pregnancy, counting from the first day of your last menstrual period, you can take the Abortion Pill (RU486) to end an early pregnancy. Unlike abortions clinics, we don’t simply dispense the Abortion Pill. We empower you with everything you need for a comfortable experience: from pain relief medication to 24/7 access to one of our physicians.
The Abortion Pill Difference: When Ultimate Privacy is a Priority
While our practice is completely private (you will not see another patient), some women prefer to bring about a natural miscarriage in the comfort of their own homes. That’s when the Abortion Pill is a good option. Many couples appreciate being together in privacy and companionship throughout the entire process. However, we are the only practice in the U.S. that invites a companion of your choice – male or female – to be with you for our natural in-office SofTouch® method.
The Abortion Pill Advantage: Private, Effective, Flexible
Wherever you feel most comfortable, that’s where you’ll go through the Abortion Pill process. The Abortion Pill is actually two sets of abortion pills taken over a time period of 6-72 hours. Since the process takes 1-3 days to complete, you’re able to be surrounded by the comforts of home – and a loved one. But remember, our physicians are available 24/7 should you have questions or concerns.
With an effectiveness rate of 96-98%, the Abortion Pill is almost guaranteed to work for you. We request a follow-up appointment so we can verify by ultrasound that your pregnancy is terminated. Because the Abortion Pill is a natural method with very few risks, it won’t impact your chances of carrying a pregnancy in the future. If you’re looking for a higher rate of certainty in ending a pregnancy, explore our SofTouch® method – it’s nearly 100% effective.
Abortion pills give you complete control over your decision. Once you take the first pill in discreet practice, you have 6 to 72 hours to take the second one wherever and whenever you feel most comfortable.
- You’ll first meet with one of our expert physicians from our all-female team in a private exam room to discuss your early abortion options. Your companion is welcome now and throughout your entire experience.
- The doctor confirms where you are in your early pregnancy by ultrasound.
- Your dedicated clinical assistant will talk you through what to expect and how to take the Abortion Pill (RU486).
- Once you’re ready, you’ll take the first of the two abortion pills in our office. Afterwards, you will feel normal and can continue normal daily activities.
- 6-72 hours later, you will take the second pill at home. Within hours, you will likely experience an early miscarriage.
- You’ll likely experience some cramping and bleeding heavier than a period for several hours. Usually by the next day your bleeding is like a heavy period.
- Within a week, return to Early Options for a follow-up ultrasound. For most women, this will confirm that the miscarriage was successful. Your physician will discuss what to expect in the coming weeks.
Compare the Abortion Pill to SofTouch®
|SofTouch® Method||The Abortion Pill|
|Available at Early Options||Available at Early Options|
|Nearly 100% Effective||96%-98% Effective|
|Requires 1 doctor’s visit||Requires 2 doctor’s visits|
|5 minute procedure, recovery 5-20 minutes||Cramping and bleeding for several hours|
|Minimal bleeding after procedure||Spotting or irregular bleeding can last for weeks to months|
|Return to normal activities after leaving our practice||Set aside 2-4 hours to complete the miscarriage|
|Pregnancy symptoms begin to subside within hours||Pregnancy symptoms begin to subside within days|
|*Chart based upon typical responses to SofTouch® and the Abortion Pill|
More Answers to the Abortion Pill Option
Abortion Pill FAQ