Early Abortion Options: We’re Different!
You may have been frightened when you saw the pregnancy test turn positive, knowing that the time wasn’t right to have a baby. Your decision might have been obvious, right from the start. Or, you may be going through anguish in making the decision. Whatever your personal situation involves, you may also be scared of what it actually takes to get an abortion. You may have had a bad abortion experience yourself, or you may know someone who told you about how difficult it was. It doesn’t need to be that way. Ending an early pregnancy does not need to be medically difficult.
Many women are not aware of their early abortion options. They have never heard of the most safe, quick, and simple way to end early pregnancy. The Aspiration Abortion Procedure can be completed in a matter of minutes. It takes a few minutes longer than a pap test. The Aspiration procedure is considered a non surgical procedure. It is completed in one private examination room. Your companion can be by your side. You recover right away, and can go back to your normal activities when you leave the office. Compared to surgical abortion, there is no (loud) electric suction, no metal instruments, and no scraping. That means no risk of scarring for future pregnancy.
The Aspiration Abortion Procedure is best used for early pregnancy, up to 10-12 weeks at the discretion of the doctor. At this stage, the pregnancy is similar to menstrual tissue, and is easily released from the wall of the uterus. The Aspiration Procedure uses a soft suction to “bring down” your period.
So, why have you never heard of the Aspiration Procedure? It’s hard to find a doctor who performs the procedure correctly. Unfortunately, most abortion clinics do not provide personal care or a specialized approach for early pregnancy. Surgeons are typically not inclined toward the most simple noninvasive methods. Abortion clinics see a high volume of patients. The Aspiration Procedure is more personal, and less efficient for the clinic.
Early Abortion Options also include the Abortion Pill (medical abortion). You may choose the Abortion Pill up to nine weeks of pregnancy. These pills cause a natural miscarriage in the privacy of your own home.
Whichever method you choose, at Early Options, we do everything to make sure that you receive the most safe and natural medical care. We believe you deserve to be pampered, not punished, when going through such a difficult decision. From your first phone call, through the procedure, and for any follow up questions or concerns, our staff and doctors are here to support you. We believe in private, quality medical care. Abortion shouldn’t be treated differently from all other medical procedures.
Early Abortion Options: What to Expect
- Gentle Non-surgical Early Abortion Options. Aspiration Procedure and the Abortion Pill.
- Privacy. Private Appointments. No crowded waiting rooms.
- All Women Doctors and Staff. Meet your doctor and discuss your options.
- Companions Welcome. You have your own private examination room.
- Immediate Recovery. Resume your normal activities within minutes.
- Same Day Appointments. Our respectful phone team will answer your questions.
- Evening and Weekend Appointments. We accommodate your schedule.
Early Options® is at the forefront of making early abortion a positive mainstream medical experience. The most simple and natural methods are offered in a private, personal environment. There are only women doctors and staff. The patient meets the doctor and they make a choice together about which method is best for her. The patient is seen by one staff person the entire time to maximize support. All care is conducted in a private examination room. Companions are welcome. Early Options has convenient NYC private offices in Manhattan and Brooklyn Heights.
Why isn’t all early abortion care offered this way? The abortion clinic model was developed in the 1970’s, when abortion became legal. Because of its controversy, abortion was established in segregated clinic settings, separate from mainstream medical care. While clinics have been essential, or even heroic, in offering these services, there are significant limitations to the model of care. Some high volume clinics organize their medical services in an “assembly line” style, where they schedule large numbers of women to come in at the same time for an appointment. In this “clinic” environment, we believe women are not getting the best medical care or the emotional support they need while ending a pregnancy.
Are Early Abortion Options Right for Me?
Early Options® can be the right choice if you do not want to be pregnant at this time in your life and you have only missed one or two periods. Our services are unique. Many women travel to New York City from other states and other countries to access our quality abortion services.
Early Options® is the best choice if any of these statements describe you:
- I prefer natural, noninvasive methods.
- I want complete privacy.
- I want my visit to last no more than two hours.
- I want my partner or friend to be with me during my appointment.
- I feel more comfortable with a woman doctor.
- I want to be able to return to my normal activities immediately.
- It is important to me to end the pregnancy before it develops.
- I want to be able to eat and drink normally before my appointment.
- I am concerned about the risk of general anesthesia.
- I want to be 100% sure not to have scarring so that there is no concern for future pregnancies.
- I am eligible for early abortion options and have only missed one or two periods.